Dec 12, 2017
Dan V brings the energy in this episode! Having been a student of the Choir Ninja podcast since the beginning, Dan V uses the things he’s learned combined with his experience as a high-production-quality church musician to transport his choir’s audiences to other world. Listen as he breaks down his formula piece by piece.
Highlight to Tweet: “If you get caught up in the minutia of learning the notes, the creative process get postponed until the last minute.” - Dan Vukmirovich
Most Choir Concerts are BORING. When programming the peppy
Spiritual or Gospel song at the end is seen as "innovative", we
have a problem.
Creative Content Boxes:
Areas to consider:
- Welcome area - outside of venue
- Usher Team
- Programs - paper, virtual
- Room Ambience - visuals, lighting, pre-music
- Use of Video
- Concert Flow - take them on a journey with NO SEAMS
- Start with SONG - Grab their attention
- Simple Lighting Cues -
- Songs - movement, instruments, etc
- Audience Participation?
- Special Guests - dance, charities, drama, etc.
- Outside the box - at least 1 element that is the "NO WAY!" moment
- Post-Concert - KEEP THEM IN THE MOOD out the doors - playlist
- Reception after - cookies, ice cream, etc.
Talk about our Winter, "Let There Be LIGHTS!" Concert and what elements we are including.
- BRAINSTORM concert ideas for Spring - begin adding to your CROCKPOT.
- Share themes in the Choir Nation Group
Dan Vukmirovich is currently a
choral music educator at LaSalle Intermediate Academy in South
Bend, IN. He's just started back into teaching after taking a break
for several years doing music ministry in a large, contemporary
church setting. He had taught at Coldwater High School and Middle
School for 7 years, where his groups would consistently receive
superior ratings at choral festival. He is married to Lisa who is
also a teacher/musician. Two teenaged daughters complete their
family, with one studying music at Indiana University's Jacobs
School of Music. In his spare time, he likes to inspire others as
an online health/fitness coach.
Sight Reading Factory (Use promo code “NINJA” at checkout for 10 free student accounts!)
My Music Folders (Use promo code “NINJA” at checkout for “last column” or best pricing - usually reserved for bulk purchases only!)