Jun 13, 2017
Ryan looks back on lessons learned this past year as a choir
teacher in a new school/state/culture. This is a must listen for
anyone...novice or veteran...who is entering a new classroom (or
any choir podium). You might want to make sure you listen to the
whole thing. Allllll the way to the end. Listen:
Highlight to Tweet: “Wait...can we just end
it like that...awkward silence...and then just go to your tag?
Could we do that?” - Stevie Berryman Show Notes:
Sponsored by: Sight Reading Factory (Use promo
code “NINJA” at checkout for 10 free student accounts!)
My Music Folders (Use
promo code “NINJA” at checkout for “last column” or
best pricing - usually reserved for
bulk purchases only!)
- Keep your ambition in check. (Don’t make changes too
- Trust takes time.
- Talk less, sing more.
- Concerts are your time to establish yourself in the
- Choose your battles.
- New school (state) = New culture
- Create non-classroom bonding experiences.
- Embrace your predecessor.
- Don’t compare your new students to your former students.
- Don’t compare yourself to the previous director.